10.11.2007

Ahh


Panel from new comic

So I just finished Sputnik Sweetheart and as Mike Tarkanian said, it was good. The surrealism was more muted, isolated events, not as blatant as in other books of Murakami's I've read. The ending left me extremely melancholic. The focus just seemed to be about friends and how there's certain people you can't imagine living without because they are in essence a part of you. When they leave or vanish a part of you goes with them.

Good news in relation to this is that Matt MacNeil will be stopping by for a few days either late this month or November. Another of Caitlin's friends is stopping by in November as well. We're turning into a fine little B n B over here.

I like my little house. I hope we can stay here a little bit longer. I don't think austin has sold us on a two year plan as we had originally envisioned, but I think we could easily kick it here until the end of Roller Derby Season: August. That means we will experience the divine horror and torture of a Texan summer.

But things are good. We have two shows lined up for 2008 and I'm feeling like calling some friends and having some shows for them, if anything, to put on a resume. The Rodney Stuart Gallery will be well stocked. I'm going to be working on an installation of a giant inflatable snake which I'll begin construction as soon as my new heat sealer gets here. It'll either fill up the gallery or go out the window and onto the roof. Out one window into another, etc etc. The heat and free time, people. The Heat and Free Time. That's the name of the bar I'm going to open. Or The Harsh Plan or The Regrettable Female, but that might be more of a name for a motorcycle.

I just printed out the application for the new Word of Mouth show. This time its in Miami. If you haven't, here's links:

http://wordofmouth.gallerydiet.com/womsubmissionFORM.pdf
http://wordofmouth.gallerydiet.com/womsubmissionINST.pdf

So enter, sell work, make us all proud.

I'd also like to say that over the last few weeks I've caught up on some cinema classics. The French Connection, Easy Rider, and Godfather Parts 1 and 2 were all awesome and I'd never seen them before. What's with James Caan pretending to be Italian? Did that make sense in the 70's? No? ok. It's Austin Film Festival and I only have two movies I want to see. Control which is about Joy Division and Juno which has Michael Cera. Brilliantism.

No comments: