4.11.2008

Another sleepless night

This time I didn't even try. Yesterday was great. First Nice Day 08. We spent it sitting on the front porch, drinking whiskey and lookin shitty. Seriously. It was great. We took a walk at some point to get frozen strawbs for smoothies and I bought a seagull mug for 53 cents at Boomerangs. Then we took a little trip to the far end of Cambridge to the Modern Brewer to get beer-making supplies. We weren't sure how to go about it, so we just got two kits. A porter and a stout. My exhaustion caught up with me and I passed out on the couch around 530. Mel was playing Chrono Trigger and I woke up a few times, and each time she was in a different era. Once I was up, Home Fries showed up with spinach pie and eclaires and we started making beer. There was a lot of waiting so we started up a round of Risk, and I have to say Blood Money by Tom Waits is the perfect album for the combination of stirring foul black goo while simultaneously taking over the world.

Risk lasted six hours and was probably the best game of my life. The contenders were myself, Lawrence, David, Tim and Home Fries. Both Lawrence and I were almost immediately crushed then made massive comebacks and thousands of devastating rolls and eliminated everyone else until we were the last armies standing, he white me red. By then it was 230 and after spending ten minutes pitting my 30 Venezualan armies against his 31 Central American we just called it a draw. We were done with the beer by midnight, and it now has to sit for two weeks before it yields 60 beers. We need to harvest bottles in this time. If you have any, let a dog know.

Around 5 we went to the BCD only to find out as we sat in front for an hour that they open at six now. Breakfast was actually good this time, and we saw Scruffy there which is always nice. Then we drove around and sang to the Kinks for a little while before going home. We then watched the three lovely lady cats fight each other slowly for a half hour, then I finally got to task of writing my cover letter. I think I thought the job I want was something else entirely. But whatever. Maybe it'll work. Or maybe they'll just find out I can't read or pay attention or discern between what things actually are and what I expect they are.

Everything's great. Monotonix again tonight with Black Pus in Providence. Man Man tomorrow. Then I'm Ffre.


This was the view at the top of Mount Royal. Stupid crows.

No comments: